When it comes to buying beauty products, I find the process to be a bit overwhelming. It can be daunting to determine which products are best suited for your skin or hair in a sea of the latest and greatest creations. Because a lot of beauty items are expensive, you definitely don’t want to be stuck with a costly mistake.
To help make it easier to determine if you should save or splurge, I’ve rounded up my list of affordable and effective foolproof beauty products. The best part is, Splender is currently offering its members double cash back (yes, double!) now through January 31, so be sure to stock up on all these goodies before time runs out.
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer: I started using this lotion years ago when I was combating frequent breakouts and redness. It can be used on the most sensitive skin and even has a built in SPF to protect your face from the sun’s harmful rays. It also evens out your skin and acts as an effective moisturizer, especially during the winter when skin tends to get the driest. This moisturizer is perfect for all skin types, and at only $14 a bottle, it’s quite the bargain. Find this at Ulta, where Splender members receive 6% cash back.
- Sonia Kashuk® Bare Minimum Bronzer: At just $10, this bronzer is such a major steal! I use it on the bridge of my nose, forehead and cheeks to give my skin a much-needed golden glow all year long. This product also contains a natural polymer to give your skin a shine-free, flawless look. Buy this beauty bargain at Target, and earn 1% cash back through Splender.
- Sephora Express Dry Shampoo: I am a huge fan of dry shampoo, because I wash my hair just a few times a week. It keeps your hair fresh by combating an oily scalp and limp strands, instead leaving it soft and light…as if you just walked out of the salon.The best way to use dry shampoo is to apply it in sections. I start in the middle and work my way to each side. Oh, and did I mention this version smells sooo good? It’s only $7 at Sephora, so be sure to stock up! And Splender members can earn 10% cash back on this beauty best buy.
- Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream: This stuff is a miracle in a bottle! It acts as a primer and foundation in one (#winning), so when you’re rushing in the morning (and let’s face it…we usually are), this product is a major time saver! It has a built-in SPF protection, as well as anti-aging benefits from the serum to correct and smooth out your skin to give it a flawless finish. Available at Beauty.com, Splender shoppers receive 8% when scoring this beauty steal.
- Fresh® Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment: I am a self-proclaimed lip balm addict, so I never leave home without some kind of lip moisturizer. What’s great about this particular lip treatment is that it has a built in SPF and it’s tinted – it comes in a plethora of shades (my favorite is the “Sugar Nude” shade) so it simultaneously gives your lips a hint of color. Find it at Nordstrom, where you can earn 3% cash back.
- Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Hair Oil: If you’re going to buy just one hair product, this should definitely be the one. I use it when my hair is damp to give it added moisture, and then after I blow dry it, I use a dime-sized amount at the ends of my hair to give it a little shine. In the summer, I don’t even use a hair dryer – I just apply this oil when my hair is wet and let it air dry for a tousled, beachy waves kind of look. Head to Target for this beauty bargain, and receive 1% cash back.
- Sonia Kashuk® Concealer: This concealer is my all-time favorite. Its creamy texture never leaves my skin looking or feeling dry, and it camouflages redness and blemishes quite effectively. I love its small size because I can easily stash it in my cosmetic clutch whenever I’m on the go. You can get 1% cash back on this less-than-$10 beauty deal from Target.
- Fresh Life™ Rollerball: When I ran out of my regular perfume, I decided to try out this one because of the convenient size and reasonable cost (it’s only $25). Plus, it smells incredibly fresh and clean! I take it with me wherever I go and always receive numerous compliments on its citrusy, crisp scent. Shop Sephora and earn 10% cash back.
- Boots Mascara: I definitely need a mascara that will lengthen and thicken my eyelashes, and this one easily achieves both. Plus, I never have to worry about clumps (which are so annoying). It comes in black and brown, and at a mere $11, you really can’t go wrong. Get yours at Beauty.com and receive 8% cash back.
- Organic Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has so many uses…I honestly don’t know what I did before I started using it. I use it primarily as a body moisturizer after I step out of the shower, but I’ve also used it in lieu of my facial lotion, to remove make-up and as a hair mask. It smells wonderful, and for the price (just $7.59), you get a lot of bang for your buck. Another benefit: it’s all-natural, so you don’t have to worry about any harmful ingredients. Find one of the most versatile beauty buys at Target and get 1% cash back on your purchase.
Whenever I’m on the hunt for new beauty products, I try to find items that have multiple purposes to help save time and money. I also look for affordable, convenient options that fall in line with my budget and my lifestyle. My advice is to be prepared before you start shopping. Make a list of the items you need and determine how much you’re able to spend. Do your research: most sites include reviews with each product, so you can see what others are saying about it.
Also, magazines such as InStyle and Allure have extensive beauty lists, so it’s easy to find something in there for everyone. Order a small size of something you’ve never tried before to sample it before you make a big commitment. And lastly, don’t be afraid to switch it up. Be a little adventurous and experiment with different products and looks. It keeps things fresh and interesting! After all, our looks keep evolving!
When hunting for your next beauty best buys – or stocking up on your beloved, tried and true beauty bargains – don’t forget to shop with Splender and earn cash back on every purchase! Happy shopping!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.