When the temps soar into the high 90s and you feel like you need another shower 10 minutes after you walk out the door, it’s time to seriously step up your beauty game and invest in some heat- and humidity-proof products that will help you withstand the next summer scorcher.
I usually stock up on these products at the beginning of the summer and stash several of them in my everyday tote for a quick fix on the go. Keep in mind that your summer beauty routine should consist of items that are easy, light and effortless—think less make-up and natural beachy waves. Even if you haven’t seen a beach all summer, no one has to know that but you!
I’m listing my fool-proof summer beauty must-haves that will keep you looking and feeling fresh, even on the hottest of days. And of course, as a Splender member, you’ll receive cash back on every purchase!
- Shiseido Blotting Papers: I started using these blotting papers years ago, and they have been a beauty staple in my cosmetic bag ever since. They’re perfect for removing excess oil from your face and keeping your make-up looking fresh and matte. And did I mention that they come in a convenient plastic pouch? They’re super easy to throw into your bag when you’re heading out to work, a day of errands or even the gym. Available at Neiman Marcus with 8% cash back.
- Evian Mist: This mineral water mist is a must-have on those days when you feel like your make-up is melting off your face! It keeps your make-up in place while simultaneously leaving you cool and refreshed! The perfect way to beat the heat. I also love it when I’m traveling and my skin feels tired and dehydrated. Available at Sephora with 10% cash back.
- Fekkai Beach Waves Spray: This stuff is the real deal! It smells absolutely heavenly, and with just a few quick spritzes, you’ll have that “fresh from the beach” look – minus the sand. I use this spray the majority of the summer in lieu of a hair dryer and straightening iron—it saves sooo much time and energy! Available at Target with 1% cash back.
- Coola SPF Spray: A clear, non-aerosol, all-natural, cucumber-scented SPF spray? Yes, please! It’s the perfect alternative to traditional, sticky sunscreen lotions. This is the ideal beauty staple to keep stashed in your summer tote all season long. Available at Sephora with 10% cash back.
- Bobbi Brown Primer: This product is a two for one: a primer and moisturizer! It’s oil-free, so it’s never greasy and it’s scented with geranium and grapefruit fragrances to give it an uplifting pick me up for your skin. Available at Macy’s with 4% cash back.
- Supergoop Mint Lip Balm: Lip balm is a total necessity for me so, I keep a pretty large supply on hand at all times! I’m loving this mint-scented SPF version by Supergoop, especially for a day spent at the pool or beach. Fresh breath and moisturized lips are always a good idea! Available at Beautybar with 4% cash back.
- Burt’s Bees Talc Free Powder: In case you didn’t know, powder is the best way to get sand off of your skin ASAP. As a mom of four kids, I keep this powder in my car at all times for the end of a beach day when everyone is sticky and sandy (and cranky). I also love this powder to combat sweat, whether it’s on the back of my neck or my feet. It smells so good, is talc free and is all natural. Available at BuyBuyBaby with 3% cash back.
- Tarte Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer: This tinted moisturizer from Tarte will leave your skin dewy, but never shiny! It gives you that perfect summer glow without going overboard. It has a built in SPF, and all Tarte products are free of parabens and other harsh chemicals, so you don’t have to worry about slathering harmful ingredients onto your skin. Available at Macy’s with 4% cash back.
- Clinique Waterproof Mascara: Have you ever taken off your sunglasses, looked in the mirror and realized you have major raccoon eyes? That’s never a good look. Luckily, there’s waterproof mascara, and this version by Clinique is affordable and effective! It’s perfect for running around in the heat and humidity or for your next pool/beach day. Available at Bergdorf Goodman with 6% cash back.
- Fresh Life Bath and Shower Gel: This Fresh Life bath and shower gel has a clean citrus scent that will make you feel refreshed after a long day battling the heat and humidity. Plus, it’s enhanced with vitamins C and E, as well as shea butter to keep your skin soft and moisturized. Available at Neiman Marcus with 6% cash back.
The next time we’re slammed with an oppressive heat wave, you’ll certainly want these 10 beauty products to help you look and feel your best. Remember, less is always more, especially during the summer months. So, be sure to stock up on the basics like a good primer, an oil-free tinted moisturizer, waterproof mascara and a texturizing spray that will help fight off frizz. And don’t forget, as a Splender member, you can save even more with cash back on each purchase.
Stay cool and happy shopping!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.