Spring has finally sprung, and that means bright hues, pretty pastels, open-toe shoes and of course, dresses! So, shed those winter layers and get your faux glow on because the warm weather is here to stay.
I’m breaking it down by spring’s biggest dress trends, and the great news is that all these pieces are under $120! What’s even better is as a Splender member, you’ll receive additional savings with cash back on each purchase. So, now is the time to scoop up a plethora of styles that will take you from the beach to a barbecue or a summer wedding.
- Off-the-Shoulder Dress: The off-the-shoulder style is huge this season! I love all the off-the-shoulder tops that are trending, which are so easy and effortless with jeans or shorts. But, I’m also coveting a breezy off-the-shoulder spring dress that can work as a cover-up for the beach, a fun date night look with wedge espadrilles (at Bloomingdale’s with 4% cash back) or a casual outfit with a denim jacket (from the Gap with 3% cash back) and sandals (at Target with 1% cash back) for running errands.This dress by kensie comes in three colors (white, coral and black) and is currently available at Macy’s with 4% cash back.
- Boho Dress: This tassel trim maxi dress is ideal for those hot, humid summer days. I’d pair it with lace-up sandals (at Madewell with 2% cash back) and a straw tote (from J. Crew with 2% cash back) for a relaxed everyday look. You can elevate this dress by styling it with wedge mules (at Revolve Clothing with 4% cash back) and a raffia clutch (at ShopBop with 4% cash back) for a girls’ night out or nude strappy heels (from Macy’s with 4% cash back) and these tassel earrings (at J.Crew with 2% cash back) for a casual wedding.This version by American Rag is available at Macy’s with 4% cash back.
- Utility Dress: I love this safari-inspired style, which would look great with these caged heels (also at Macy’s with 4% cash back) and this crossbody bag (find it at Bloomingdale’s with 4% cash back). Or style it with leopard sandals (from Neiman Marcus with 6% cash back) and this tote (at Barneys Warehouse with 4% cash back) for a casual look for day.
The dress by Jessica Simpson is only $50 and is available at Macy’s with 4% cash back.
- Denim Dress: A classic denim dress is a must-have staple for spring and summer. I love this tunic version because it’s so versatile and roomy. Wear it over your swimsuit as a cover-up, belt it and pair it with sandals (both from Crew Factory with 2% cash back) and a panama hat (at Madewell with 2% cash back) for everyday, or spice it up with chunky sandals (at Target with 1% cash back) and a tassel clutch (from Revolve Clothing with 4% cash back) for a date night.
Find this dress at Bloomingdale’s with 4% cash back.
- Gingham Dress: It doesn’t get more timeless than this gingham midi dress. Perfect for a spring brunch, a summer barbecue or perhaps an afternoon of vineyard hopping! This version is available at asos.com, where Splender members will receive 4% cash back.
- Orange Dress: This lace shift dress is only $70 and did I mention it comes in six colors? I’m loving it in this bright orange hue, which was a huge trend on the Spring 2016 runways. Pair it with wedge sandals (from ShopBop with 4% cash back) for drinks with friends or a classic nude heel (at Macy’s with 4% cash back) for a summer wedding.This dress is available at Kohl’s with 4% cash back.
- Spanish Style Dress: Spanish-influenced clothing was another major trend on the Spring 2016 runways. This floral off the shoulder ruffled dress is sooo feminine and flattering! The ideal piece for a summer wedding (or even as a bridesmaid). And can you believe it’s only $120? Such a major steal!You find this dress at asos.com, where Splender members will receive 4% cash back.
- Fringe Dress: I need this dress in my closet ASAP! I’m loving the blouson top and the 1920s inspired chevron fringe skirt. Perfect for dancing the night away! I’d pair this dress with black strappy heels (from Express with 4% cash back) and a leopard clutch (at ShopBop with 4% cash back) to really make it pop.This dress is available at Gilt, where you’ll receive 2% cash back.
Dresses are the perfect spring and summer staples because they’re so easy, versatile and always flattering. You can style them any number of ways depending on the weather or the occasion. As long as you have a flat sandal, a wedge espadrille, a strappy heel, a tote and a clutch, you can mix and match the same dress to create several different looks. Make sure you invest in a classic denim jacket as well as a lightweight neutral scarf (from the Gap with 3% cash back) for layering on cool summer evenings!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.