Even though Labor Day weekend is gradually creeping up on us, there are still a few weeks left of summer. And better yet, September weather in most areas is still considerably warm and sunny, so don’t retire that swimsuit just yet!
If you’re anything like me and your idea of an ideal summer day consists of lounging by the pool, reading a good book with a cold beverage on hand (seriously, who’s isn’t?), then you’ll want to check out my list of poolside essentials. The great news is that none of these pieces will break the bank, and as a Splender member, you’ll save even more with cash back on each purchase!
- Off-the-Shoulder Dress: An easy and effortless off-the-shoulder dress is a summer wardrobe must! Whether you throw it on over your bathing suit for a day at the beach or pool, wear it with your favorite sandals for a day of running errands or pair it with espadrille wedges and a fun clutch for a night out, this versatile summer staple will get a ton of use! This version is available at J.Crew with 9% cash back.
- Black One Piece: Every woman, despite her body type or age, should invest in a high-quality black one-piece suit! It’s universally flattering and timeless—a piece that you can turn to time and again. I love the feminine scalloped detail on this version, which is also available at J.Crew with 9% cash back.
- Straw Hat: A functional and stylish over-sized straw hat not only looks super chic, but it will also protect your face from the sun’s harmful rays. This version from BackCountry is currently on sale! And as a Splender member, you will also receive 8% cash back.
- Jelly Sandals: I’m all about the jelly sandal for summer! It’s perfect for the beach or pool, so you don’t have to fret about ruining your favorite leather sandals. I love the neutral hue of these Jack Rogers jelly sandals, which are currently available at Saks OFF Fifth with 8% cash back.
- Fresh Sunscreen Stick: This sunscreen stick from Fresh is a three-in-one. It protects your lips, face and eye area. Perfect for throwing into your everyday tote or your pool bag for a quick, no-mess application. Available at sephora.com with 8% cash back.
- Striped Pool Towel: As much as I love my kids’ Star Wars pool towels, it’s nice to own at least one adult version that’s soft and stylish! And don’t you just love the fringe detail on this striped towel? So fun! You can find this version at Bloomingdale’s with 4% cash back.
- Supergoop! Sunscreen: This is my go-to sunscreen because it glides on easily, is never sticky and is free of harmful ingredients! Plus, I don’t use anything less than SPF 30, and neither should you! Available at beautybar.com with 4% cash back.
- Fruit Infuser Water Bottle: Staying hydrated is key when you’re laying out in the sun. I love these fruit infuser water bottles because you can add your favorite ingredients to give your regular water a refreshing twist! My favorite combo is cucumber, mint and lemon. Available at overstock.com with 4% cash back.
- Over-sized Sunglasses: Regardless of the season, I never leave home without a pair of over-sized sunglasses. They cover up a multitude of flaws and they instantly elevate any look. I’m loving this pair by Victoria Beckham which is currently on major sale—scoop it up before they’re sold out! Available at LastCall by Neiman Marcus with 6% cash back.
- Straw Tote: A roomy straw tote is a must-have for summer. It’s ideal for a day at the beach or pool or as an everyday bag. I love this natural version because it’s classic, versatile and sooo affordable! Available at sephora.com with 8% cash back.
Now is definitely the time to scoop up these poolside essentials so you can soak up the last few weeks of summer in style and comfort. Don’t forget: as a Splender member, you will receive cash back on every purchase! So, take an inventory of your closet ASAP and fill in the gaps before these pieces are sold out!
Not a member? Sign up for Splender today!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the everyday through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.