New Year’s Eve has always been a favorite holiday of mine – who doesn’t love an excuse to wear something extra sparkly, drink champagne and look forward to new beginnings? I’m especially excited about this year, because we are escaping the cold and heading down south! So, instead of bundling up per usual, I’ll be able to shed all the layers and rock a festive look sans my go-to puffer coat.
Whatever climate you’re experiencing or whatever your plans, New Year’s Eve outfits call for a fun hint of shine and shimmer, so make sure you glam it up with glittery accents, glowing skin and, of course, an iridescent smile! Here are some New Year’s Eve fashion suggestions that will have you shimmering brighter than Times Square this December 31st.
- Sequin Blazer: A blazer is always a good choice on New Year’s Eve because of its versatility. You can dress it up with sleek tuxedo pants and strappy heels, or you can pair it down with your favorite skinny jeans and booties. I love the bronze shimmer of this one from Banana Republic, which is currently offering Splender members 4% cash back.
- Crystal Cuff: This crystal cuff from Swarovski sparkles with an abundance of pave crystals. Perfect for a girls’ night out or for an intimate New Year’s Eve dinner with that special someone. You can find this bracelet at Macy’s, which is offering Splender members 6% cash back through December 31.
- Kate Spade Heels: These platinum shimmery heels from Kate Spade are the ultimate addition to a New Year’s Eve party outfit. Whether you style them with jeans, a romper or your go-to cocktail dress, they’re sure to make a bold statement. They are currently available at Kate Spade, where Splender members will earn 8% cash back.
- Tory Burch Skirt: This sequined pencil skirt from Tory Burch is so timelessly elegant. For New Year’s Eve, I would pair it with a classic black cashmere turtleneck or a crisp white button down. Finish off your look with opaque tights and back patent heels. This skirt is available at Tory Burch, where Splender members will receive 6% cash back.
- Sequin Stripe Top: Fun, flirty and festive, this sequin stripe top from Banana Republic is the perfect New Year’s Eve outfit party piece. Pair it with skinny leather jeans and heels or drapey shorts and booties. Banana Republic is offering Splender members 4% cash back.
- Bobbi Brown Eye Palette: This shimmery, metallic eye palette from Bobbi Brown will help you achieve a number of looks whether you’re going for a nude smoky eye, a daring and striking look or a classic and refined approach. You can find this eye palette at Saks Fifth Avenue, which is offering Splender members 12% cash back.
- J.Crew Romper: I love a romper because it’s a fuss-free, throw-and-go option for any New Year’s Eve plans. This particular one from J.Crew is well worth the investment, because it’s one of those staples you will rely upon year after year to get you through the holiday season. And good news for Splender members: it’s 30% off, plus you can earn 12% cash back!
- Sequin Scarf: This sequin stripe scarf will instantly elevate a simple overcoat or plain shirt. I love it in this neutral gray shade, because it will seamlessly pair with just about everything in your New Year’s Eve outfit. This piece is available at Chico’s, which is currently offering Splender members 4% cash back.
- Metal Box Clutch: This metal box clutch is the ideal combination of style and function. I love the structured shape and the gold accents, but it’s the detachable chain shoulder strap that has me seriously coveting this piece. As much as I prefer a chic looking clutch, I do appreciate a strap when I need two free hands to balance my drink and hors d’oeuvres at a party. This clutch is available at Bloomingdale’s, which is offering Splender members 9% cash back.
- Strapless Party Dress: This sparkly strapless party dress is such a major steal at only $68! I love the short hemline and sequin stripes…perfect for dancing the night away in your favorite heels with your BFFs on New Year’s Eve. This dress is available at Nordstrom, where Splender members can earn 5% cash back.
- Sparkly Earrings: How chic would these drop earrings look with an easy and effortless updo? The perfect way to infuse a touch of glimmer to any New Year’s Eve ensemble! They’re currently available at Lord & Taylor, which is offering Splender members 10% cash back.
- Sequin Tank Top: This gold sequin tank top from J.Crew is the perfect New Year’s Eve outfit piece layered under a blazer with jeans or glammed up with trousers and heels. It’s currently 30% off, and Splender members can earn an additional 12% cash back.
- Nars Body Glow: I love this body glow to give my pale winter arms and legs a much needed pick me up! It provides just the right amount of shimmer, and it smells amazing. It’s available at Sephora, where Splender members will receive 10% cash back.
- Sequin Pants: These black sequin pants are perfect for a plethora of New Year’s Eve occasions. I love the cropped length and the satiny waistband, which give off a relaxed yet sophisticated vibe. They’re currently available at Nordstrom, where Splender members will receive 5% cash back.
Whether you plan to party the night away or you’re keeping it low key at home with friends and family, a New Year’s Eve outfit is the perfect night to bring out the bling and jazz up your look! Depending on your personal style, you can go all out in a fun and festive sequined dress, or you can add subtle hints of glam and glitter with well-chosen accessories such as a scarf or jewelry.
Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays! Don’t forget to sign up for Splender now to get extra cash back through New Year’s Eve.
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips (http://taffetaandtulips.com/), a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.