Once Thanksgiving comes and goes, the holiday invites will start rolling in. Now is the perfect time to start shopping for easy and effortless pieces that can seamlessly transition from the office to a host of soirees.
Making the transition from the fluorescent lights to the limelight can often be a challenge. The best way to approach looks that you want to segue from day to night is to start with simple, classic items such as a black jersey dress, chic trousers or a slim pencil skirt and blouse. Then, you can add a pop of color via a vibrant clutch, sparkly earrings, a fun cocktail ring or even a bold red lip.
Throw on a luxurious faux fur stole, a dab of your favorite perfume and pull your hair back with an embellished hair tie, and you’ve instantly taken yourself from your desk to dinner. Here is a peek at my holiday wish list that will help me accessorize my go-to LBD or my reliable strapless cocktail dress.
- J.Crew Toscana Shearling Stole Scarf: This faux fur stole is the perfect investment piece. It immediately elevates any look, and it’ll keep your shoulders warm (I don’t know about you but I’m always freezing). It comes in two colors, champagne and black – both of which are timelessly chic and versatile.The good news is that J.Crew is currently offering Splender shoppers 12% cash back, so now is the time to scoop up all those pieces you’ve been coveting!
- Bite Beauty Red Cream Lipstick: If you’re a regular reader of Taffeta & Tulips, then you know I’m a huge fan of natural cosmetics that are free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates. So, I’m always on the hunt for safe and effective beauty products. One of the natural lines that I love is called Bite Beauty, which is currently sold at Sephora.com. Bite Beauty’s VIB Rouge lipstick is the perfect red to accent any holiday outfit! It instantly adds a little va-va-va-voom to your daytime look to carry it through to evening plans.
Right now, Splender shoppers even receive 10% cash back, so be sure to stock up on all your beauty essentials. Some other natural beauty lines carried at Sephora are Tarte, Bare Minerals, Josie Maran and Boscia – take a look at their offerings, too.
- RMS Living Luminizer: This is the one beauty item I cannot live without. I use it on the bridge of my nose, cheekbones and eyelids to brighten up my face, but I also love it on my collarbones when I’m going out to add a bit of shimmer. It’s small enough to fit into any size clutch, so there’s no reason to leave home without it.
RMS is available at BeautyBar.com, where you can treat yourself to their entire beautiful line of cosmetics and skin care and earn 6% cash back.
- Onyx Sterling Silver Ring: A little bling goes a long way when you’re jazzing up an LBD, and this fun cocktail ring is no exception. Wouldn’t it look so elegant and refined with a classic red manicure? You can find this beauty at Macys.com, which is currently offering Splender shoppers 6% cash back.
- Kate Spade Plaid Clutch: This plaid clutch is so festive – it instantly brightens up any ensemble. And how darling is that bow detail? So quintessential for the holidays….a piece you will certainly resurrect from year to year. Luckily for you, it’s sold at Nordstrom.com, where you can earn 5% cash back via Splender.
- Jennifer Behr Encrusted Pony Wrap: I love an embellished hair tie to compliment a chic bun or ponytail. Paired with a red lip and sparkly earrings, this is an easy way to take your look from day to night. This particular piece can be found at Saks Fifth Avenue, which is offering Splender customers 10% cash back.
- Tory Burch Rollerball Perfume: I wear this perfume every day, and I receive so many compliments on it! I wish I had this portable size (hint, hint Santa) because it’s ideal for stashing in your purse. A dab of this on your neck and wrists is the ultimate accessory for feeling refreshed and sophisticated. This particular size can be found at Bloomingdale’s – and you can earn 9% cash back to boot.
- Bobbi Brown Sterling Nights Eye Palette: A neutral eye is the perfect partner for a red lip, and I love this particular eye palette because it includes both matte and shimmery options. You can find this particular item at Sephora.com.
- Sterling Silver Drop Earrings: I love a drop earring with a simple updo or chignon. Earrings are one of the easiest ways to dress up any outfit and this onyx pair is a staple you’ll have for years. You can find them at Macys.com.
- T-Strap Patent Heels: Patent heels are so timeless and elegant, and while I love a classic version, I am seriously coveting these t-strap ones from Vince Camuto. They come in three colors: black, putty and chianti, and I can’t decide which one is my favorite. They’re currently available at Nordstrom.com.
One last piece of advice: be sure to invest in a well-constructed, high-quality overcoat. My favorite style is a wrap coat or one with a faux fur collar. You can style these so many ways, and they will always look feminine and flattering. I usually find beautiful coats at great deals at Neiman Marcus, Saks.com or J.Crew, and lucky for you, all off these sites are offering double cash back now through November 30!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips (http://taffetaandtulips.com/), a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.