You’ve already knocked down one giant holiday, and now you have two more behemoths to go, The struggle could not be more real! With Christmas and New Years being only one week apart, you may not have time to redecorate, reorganize or recreate. Splender understands your stress, so here are some holiday decorating ideas and tricks to help keep you and your home “holiday-ready.” Let us help you breeze through this holiday season while you take advantage of our amazing double cash back offer (offer ends December 31, 2015.). Leave your holiday guest and wallet thinking that you’re the holiday decorating superhero. We promise your secret is safe with us (shhh…).
- BBQ Leftovers. You know those Red Solo cups that you used for that cookout in July? Well, it’s time to put them to use again. Use these cups to neatly separate your larger ornaments before you put them away in your large storage bins. Get these bins and receive 4% cash back at Bed Bath and Beyond through Splender. Another tip? Use egg cartons to organize and store your smaller ornaments. This trick allows you to find your ornaments easily next Christmas.
- Making Cleaning Up a Breeze. The worst part of any holiday party is the cleanup. Ugh. After the eggnog is gone, the last thing you want to do is whip out the yellow gloves. Make this unwanted task a little easier. Try lining your garbage with multiple trash bags. When one fills up, tie it up, toss it out and go back to Fa-La-La-La-La-ing. Need a great deal on trash bags? Bundle up the savings at the office supply store, Quill.com and earn 5% cash back.
- Become a “Wrap” Star. Wrapping gifts can be fun until you turn around and see nothing but scraps of paper with stripes, stars, and little penguins wearing Santa hats, coming out the ying yang! Keep all of your gifting paper in line and out of your hair, literally, by using this simple hack. When your toilet paper is all done, use the brown inner roll to put around the wrapping paper. Wrapping paper still won’t fit? Simply cut a slit in the middle of the toilet roll to increase for more room. Shop our partner Sears.com for your gift wrapping needs and get 7% cash back.
Try These Quick Crafts to Make Holiday Decorating Unique
- Box up the Goods. By the look of all of those leftover Thanksgiving plates in your fridge (yes, we see them), we know you’ve got plenty Aluminum foil and/or Saran Wrap in the cabinet. This trick makes your oh-so-yummy holiday cookies look even better. It’s as easy as, putting them in, boxing them up, adding a bow and it’s a “wrap”! Gifting your baked goods has never been so easy.
- Take out the inside empty roll
- Cut out the metal tear strip.
- Decorate the outside of the box (Use Paint).
- Use wax paper to line the inside.
- Place cookies in the box. Close with ribbon or string.
- Let’s Set the Mood. There is a certain glow around your home during the holidays. As the temperature drops, continue to warm up your home by adding these magical little lights inside one of your leftover wine bottles. You’ll also need to have some short LED lights (Get these lights and 8% cash back when you shop at com) to fill the inside of the bottle. Lastly, plug in the lights, sit back and because you did so well, congratulate yourself by uncorking another bottle!
- What you need:
- LED light string
- Wine bottles
- Adhesive remover
- Duct tape or Painters tape
- Power drill
- How to:
- Scrape off wine label.
- Use adhesive remove to get the remaining residue off the bottle.
- Put tape at the bottom of the bottle. (Where you will drill the hole.)
- Use diamond hole saw to drill a small hole.
- Remove tape.
- Thread LED lights through the hole until wine bottle is full. Leaving the battery pack out.
- What you need:
It’s Redesign Time
- Jingle Nails. You’ve got your fall Mani mastered with your deep red, blues, and sparkly tips. Take your finger party to the next level by simply using tape. No, we haven’t been in Grandma’s eggnog, it’s true! All you need is your favorite nail color and stationary tape to create this simple Tree Nail art. Learn how to do it.
- Cut off two regular tape strips.
- Cut four triangles (Cut them out to regular tape strips and cut them diagonally in half).
- Polish base coat and let dry.
- Place two rectangular strips at the base of you nail to form an arrow shape.
- Carefully place the triangle strips on each side with the points facing the center.
- Press down firmly before you paint your second color.
- Insta-Cards. Raise your hand if the first thing you do in the morning is roll over and look at Instagram? If your hand is still up, then you’ll appreciate this next trick. While scrolling through, choose your favorite picture from your friend’s or family’s Instagram page ,and turn those awesome moments into the front design of your holiday card. Just add a heartfelt note and you’ve created a great personalized card with a special touch.
That mean Mr. Grinch always tries to steal your holiday joy, however with these cute holiday decorating crafts, beauty tips, and shortcuts, you may even put a smile on his face. Stay ahead of the game this time of year and shop these holiday hacks on the go with the new Splender mobile app.
Still not a member? It’s easy, Sign up here!