In a sea of black, gray and navy, winter white is a refreshing alternative, even when the temperatures have dipped way below freezing. So, disregard the antiquated belief that white is only appropriate between May and September, and embrace this polar chic look long after Labor Day. Whether you rock this style in an elegant statement coat, a timeless structured tote or Jackie O-inspired sunglasses, you can effortlessly infuse this crisp and clean look into your everyday wardrobe.
I’m here to break it all down and give you tips on how to wear this trend feeling comfortable and confident. Dust off those white pumps and pull those white jeans out of storage, because they will pair perfectly with a fresh white turtleneck and that white crocodile clutch.
- Skagen Watch: I love this sleek and simple watch. It’s so easy and versatile that you’ll never want to take it off. (PS – it’s water resistant and currently more than 50% off). Plus, Splender members will receive 2% cash back when they purchase it at Nordstrom Rack.
- Wyatt Gloves: Although white gloves may not be the most practical of items, they are seriously so chic, especially with these black button details. Wear them with a white pea coat or a white overcoat for special occasions (sans children, of course). This knit blend pair by Wyatt is available at Bluefly where Splender members will receive 5% cash back!
- Manolo Blahnik Flats: These ballerina flats are timeless and refined. Perfect with your favorite ankle jeans, cropped trousers or a casual LBD during warmer months. Because they are so classic and seasonless, you’ll get a ton of mileage out of them, so they’re well worth the investment. This pair is currently sold at Neiman Marcus where Splender members will receive 4% cash back.
- White Beanie: Once the weather gets cold, I pretty much live in hats, and I’m loving the current pompom trend. This winter white beanie would be ideal paired with a fun, bright statement coat or your go-to puffer coat. So, whether you’re spending the day in the city or hitting the slopes, this hat definitely embodies winter chic all the way. This particular piece is available at Backcountry where Splender members will receive 5% cash back.
- Tod’s Oversize Sunglasses: These white oversize sunglasses channel an “Audrey in Aspen” kind of vibe, over which I’m currently obsessing! So ‘60s mod, you’ll be the chicest of them all. And the great news, is they’re only $80 at Bluefly, where Splender members will receive 5% cash back.
- Isabel Marant Etoile White Jeans: These slimming white ankle jeans are a year-round staple, but perfect for winter. Pair them with a classic Breton striped top and driving shoes in the summer or a cashmere sweater and tan booties during the colder months. Lucky for you, they’re currently on sale for $96, and Splender members will receive 4% cash back at Matchesfashion.com.
- Tahari Wrap Coat: Wouldn’t you love to wrap yourself in this winter white Tahari coat? The cinched waist and dramatic wing collar are so feminine and flattering…perfect with black wide-leg trousers or thrown over a simple sheath dress for the office. Or pair it with your favorite cocktail dress and black patent pumps for an evening out. This one is currently on sale at Nordstrom, where Splender members will receive 3% cash back.
- Brooks Brothers White Satchel: It doesn’t get more timeless and elegant than this structured white satchel. For winter, I would wear it with an all-black or all-gray ensemble to really make it pop. What’s great about this bag is the straps are long enough to go over your shoulder, and it has a detachable strap, which is perfect for travel. Did I mention this satchel is currently on major sale? Plus, Splender members will receive 5% cash back when they purchase this piece at Brooks Brothers.
- Christian Siriano White Clutch: For less than $50, this white croc clutch is such a steal! I’m loving the option of tucking it under your arm or freeing up your hands with the detachable shoulder strap. I would use this piece year ‘round, whether paired down with a blush-colored silk blouse, jeans and pumps, or dressed up with a simple, nude-colored cocktail dress and heels. Splender members will receive 7% cash back when they purchase this clutch at Bloomingdale’s.
- White J.Crew Turtleneck: This white tissue turtleneck is the ideal layering piece for anyone daring to wear winter white. Whether styled with a faux fur vest, worn under a cozy open front cardigan, or paired with a classic denim jacket, this winter staple will be on major rotation all season long. It’s only $35, and Splender members will receive 2% cash back at J.Crew.
- SJP White Pumps: Sarah Jessica Parker can do no wrong in the fashion world, and these classic white pumps are no exception. I’m loving this pair with their pointed toe and elevated heel. I would style these with black cropped trousers and a white silk button down for an easy, chic look that will take you day to night. They’re currently available at Bloomingdale’s, where Splender members will earn 7% cash back.
Don’t listen to your mother….you can wear white all year long! It’s fresh, crisp, clean and polished and instantly makes any outfit pop. However, my advice is to proceed with caution when rocking this look. Donning white pumps while navigating around slushy snow piles is a big no. And it goes without saying that children and white are never a good combo…nine out of 10 times, their hands are dirty, and that’s the precise moment they go in for a big bear hug.
So, save your white ensemble for a date night, dinner and drinks with friends or for the office (just be sure to have a back up outfit in case your co-worker accidentally spills coffee on you). Be sure to become a Splender member to reap the savings before shopping this white hot trend!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.