The Oscars were all about color this year on the red carpet! There were bright jewel tones seen on Naomi Watts, Reese Witherspoon, Brie Larson and Tina Fey. There were emerald green dresses seen on Rachel McAdams and Saorsie Ronan, as well as vibrant shades of red seen on Charlize Theron and Olivia Munn. In addition, there were soft, feminine pastel shades seen on Cate Blanchett (my vote for best dressed…seriously, does she ever get it wrong?), Heidi Klum (didn’t love the dress, but loved the color), Emily Blunt and Alicia Vikander. And lastly, there were sleek and chic classic gowns in black (loved Jennifer Garner’s) and gold as seen on Margot Robbie.
So, I’ve rounded up similar red carpet fashion looks you can get your hands on right now at all your favorite retailers. And of course, as a Splender member, you will receive cash back on every purchase!
- Blush Gown: Rose quartz is the color of the moment (it’s one of Pantone’s colors of the year), so this feminine and flattering gown is a must-have item! I love the fitted bodice and the art deco inspired beading…very old Hollywood glamour. This dress is currently available at LastCall.com, where Splender members will receive 6% back.
- Mint Green Dress: This pale green dress is the perfect piece for a summer wedding or other special occasion. The shirred round neck and the fit-and-flare shape is a timeless, elegant look. This particular dress is available at Bloomingdale’s where Splender members will receive 7% cash back.
- Lavender Gown: This dramatic lavender gown from Cushnie et Ochs would make a bold statement with its twisted knot details and long, sweeping column. It’s definitely a splurge (available at Neiman Marcus where Splender members can earn 9% cash back), but some occasions are worth it.
- Pale Yellow Gown: This exquisite asymmetric pale yellow gown from J.Mendel is so dreamy. I love the drapey, chiffon fabric and the thigh-high slit…the ideal balance of refined yet sexy. This gown is available at Neiman Marcus with 9% cash back. However, if you’re looking for a more wallet-friendly version, this sleeveless, shirred version from BCBG Max Azria is a similar option under $200. (Splender members will receive 3% cash back when they shop at BCBG).
- Black Gown: This classic one-shoulder silk gown from Donna Karan is the perfect investment piece. It transcends seasons, ages and trends….a staple you will have forever! This dress is currently available at Saks Fifth Avenue, where Splender members will receive 8% cash back. This Monique Lhuillier version (also available at Saks) is a less expensive option for those who are on a budget (and who isn’t?). I love the tulle fabric and the pleated skirt!
- Gold Dress: I absolutely loved Margot Robbie’s gold ‘70s-inspired, long-sleeved dress at the Oscars. It definitely has me coveting a similar version, especially for a girls’ night out or for stashing away for New Years Eve. This mini version is on major sale at Gilt, where Splender members will receive 2% cash back on every purchase.
- Red Cut-Out Gown: Another red carpet fashion inspired dress is this stunning minimalist red cut-out gown from Badgley Mischka. I love the flattering halter neckline and the side cut-out with -d details…just the perfect amount of skin. Remember ladies, less is more…leave a little to the imagination. This version is currently available at Saks Fifth Avenue where Splender members will receive 8% cash back.
- Emerald Green Gown: This billowy emerald green gown from Halston Heritage is the ideal piece for a formal winter occasion. The ruched empire waist and halter neckline are incredibly slimming and flattering. If you’re a red head, this dark green shade would look especially beautiful on you! This dress is currently available at LastCall.com (where Splender members can earn 6% cash back) and is quite the steal!
- Royal Blue Gown: Another best-dressed nominee for me was Naomi Watts in that striking Armani Prive sequined blue gown. And Naomi wasn’t the only one who got the memo that jewel tones are hot for red carpet fashion right now: Reese Witherspoon, Brie Larson and Tina Fey also hopped on this trend in Oscar de la Renta, Gucci and Versace, respectively. You can currently find a similar version by La Femme at Bloomingdale’s, where Splender members will receive 7% cash back. I love the one shoulder style and the criss-cross ruched bodice!
- Deep Purple Gown: This Grecian-inspired purple gown is ideal for weddings (even as a bridesmaid), as well as a plethora of formal occasions. I love the twist detail in the front, which automatically adds a slimming effect, and the stretch fabric looks sooo..the perfect dress to dance the night away in. I also love this dark purple strapless version in satin. Both dresses are available at Neiman Marcus with 9% cash back on every purchase.
Red carpet fashion came alive this year with bright bursts of color from dramatic jewel tones, soft pastel shades for spring and classic, refined gowns in black and gold. Whatever your style or color preference, the options are endless, especially as a Splender member, where you can shop at all your favorite stores and get rewarded with cash back on every purchase! Happy shopping!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.