Now that wedding season is in full swing, many soon-to-be brides are looking for inspiration for their summer weddings. Finding the perfect bridesmaids dress can be a real challenge, especially for brides who want to help their attendants save money and end up with a stylish dress they can wear to other events.
So, whether you’re a guest or a bridesmaid (or both), it’s time to start thinking about chic, easy dresses that can get you through the big day – as well as through all the formal events on your social calendar following the wedding day! These timeless, elegant and versatile cocktail dresses will surely be appropriate for a plethora of occasions that the summer months might have in store.
And, of course, as a Splender member, you’ll receive cash back on each purchase, which means you can also splurge on a sleek clutch and a killer pair of heels to complete your look!
- Target Chiffon Dress: Who knew Target sold bridesmaid dresses? You can seriously get anything at Target! I’m loving this classic, chiffon strapless dress…so feminine and flattering and incredibly affordable! It comes in six colors to suit every season and summer wedding color theme, but personally, I prefer it in this light gray shade because it’s so soft and sophisticated. (Available at Target with 1% cash back.)
- Crew Marbella Watercolor Chiffon Dress: I love the unexpected print on this strapless, silk chiffon dress. I can’t decide if I prefer it in guava or royal shadow. Both colors are ideal for a summer wedding. And, what’s great about this piece is you can glam it up with this clutch (from Banana Republic with 3% cash back) and these heels (find them at Barneys New York with 4% cash back) for a night wedding, or dress it down with these shoes (from Bloomingdale’s with 4% cash back) and this bag (at J.Crew Factory with 4% cash back) for a more casual affair. (The dress is available at J.Crew with 6% cash back.)
- Elizabeth and James Strapless Dress: How exquisite is the simple and clean silhouette on this pink, strapless dress from Elizabeth and James? This dress reinforces the idea that less really is more. It’s understated yet refined…a piece you and your bridesmaids will turn to again and again. For a night out, I’d pair it with classic nude heels (from Bloomingdale’s with 4% cash back) and a colorful clutch (at J. Crew with 6% cash back) to add a fun punch of color. (Available at Intermix with 4% cash back.)
- Tory Burch Floral Cocktail Dress: This floral cocktail dress is the ideal bridesmaid dress for a day wedding. I’d pair it with a vibrant block heeled sandal (from Banana Republic with 3% cash back) and a rattan clutch (at J.Crew with 6% cash back). You could even wear this dress to a rehearsal dinner when styled with wedge sandals (at Saks Fifth Avenue with 8% cash back) and a cork clutch (at J.Crew Factory with 4% cash back). (Buy the dress from Tory Burch, and earn 4% cash back.)
- Crew One-Shoulder Dress: This Grecian-style cocktail dress comes in nine colors, and I’m coveting every single one! So effortlessly elegant and perfect for any formal occasion, especially a turn as a summer bridesmaid! I’d style it with strappy nude heels and this clutch (find them both at Neiman Marcus with 6% cash back) for a look that can take you from day to night. (Available at J.Crew with 6% cash back.)
- Floral Organza Dress: This light blue floral midi dress with an organza overlay is the quintessential summer wedding dress. I love the color, fit and the delicate details, especially the sheer panel in the back. And for only $100, it’s such a major steal! (Available at Dorothy Perkins with 6% cash back.)
- Bregazzi Lace Dress: At 70% off, this dress is a must have item! I love the mix of feminine and edgy with the classic lace and the unexpected navy and yellow lining. This vibrant shade of blue would be perfect for a beach wedding. Pair it with simple heels and a polished clutch to finish off this look. (Find both the dress and clutch at MATCHESFASHION.COM with 5% cash back.)
- Crew Wrap Dress: This cotton poplin wrap dress, which comes in a flattering blue, is so versatile, it can be styled a number of different ways. For a casual summer wedding, I’d pair it with a platform wedge sandal (from Banana Republic with 3% cash back) and a woven clutch (at Intermix with 4% cash back). Or for an elevated approach, I’d couple it with a strappy heel (at Banana Republic with 3% cash back) and this colorful clutch (from Lord & Taylor with 8% cash back). (The dress is available at J.Crew with 6% cash back.)
Bridesmaid dresses have come a long way in recent years. Instead of buying a piece that you can only wear once, it makes much more sense to purchase a dress that can be worn on several occasions. These simple, refined cocktail dresses are the perfect blend of stylish and functional. Plus, they all look incredibly comfortable, which should be a top priority when you’re attending a summer wedding – whether it’s as a member of the wedding party or a guest!
When shopping for the perfect summer bridesmaid dress and accessories, don’t forget to sign into Splender to earn cash back on every purchase. Not a member? Sign up today – it’s free!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.