Now that we’re halfway through the summer, you probably have a good idea of the items you reach for continuously and what pieces are missing in your wardrobe. So, if you find yourself with the perfect sundress or shorts, but you’re still struggling over what sandal to pair them with or if you’re perpetually searching for a roomy tote that can take you from day to night, then you’ll want to check out my summer essentials round-up!
I’m listing ten versatile items that you seamlessly can mix and match in order to create different warm weather looks. The idea is to strike a balance between style and function while remaining on a budget. That’s why all of these pieces are $100 or less! And of course, as a Splender member you will save even more with cash back on each purchase. So, without further ado, I’m going to break it all down for you with this “10 Summer Essentials for Under $100” list so you’ll spend less time in the mall and more time at the beach!
- White off the Shoulder Dress: The off the shoulder style is one of this season’s hottest trends! And since white looks great with sun kissed skin and goes with everything, a white off-the-shoulder dress is an ideal summer staple. Whether you pair it with wedge espadrilles and a clutch for a date night or if you throw it on over your bathing suit for a day at the beach, you can never go wrong with this easy and effortless piece. This version by Kensie is quite the steal for only $50 (plus, it comes in two other colors). Available at Macy’s with 4% cash back.
- Wedge Espadrilles: Wedge espadrilles are so versatile! You can style them with jeans, shorts, rompers or dresses! I love this version by Vince Camuto because this neutral color will go with everything. Plus, they’re not too high so you’ll still be able to walk confidently without worrying about tripping! These are available at Lord & Taylor with 8% cash back.
- Aviator Sunglasses: Aviator sunglasses are universally flattering and classic. They pair perfectly with a simple white tee and denim shorts or your favorite sundress. This version by Guess comes in gold or rose gold and the great news is they’re currently on major sale! Available at Guess with 3% cash back.
- Packable Panama Hat: How genius is this Packable Wide Brim Panama Hat? I don’t know about you, but I’ve had to replace several hats after traveling because they’ve become misshapen in my suitcase. This version folds, rolls and stays securely in place with its’ convenient leather strap. And it goes without saying that a chic and functional hat during the summer is an absolute must. Besides protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays, guarding your face also helps to prevent premature wrinkles. Available at Travelsmith with 8% cash back.
- Straw Market Tote: A timeless straw market tote is the ultimate summer staple! Whether you take it with you for your weekend farmer’s market haul, a day at the beach or an afternoon in the city, this roomy and simple bag will quickly become your go-to summer tote. This version is available at J. Crew with 9% cash back.
- Lightweight Scarf: Even though we’re currently experiencing a heat wave, a lightweight scarf is an ideal accessory for air-conditioned offices and restaurants. It’s also as an easy piece to throw over your shoulders for cool summer evenings or it can function as a cover-up to tie around your waist at the beach or pool. I love to travel with a scarf whether I’m going by car or plane since it can double up as a cozy blanket! This version is available at BCBG with 3% cash back.
- Denim Shorts: If I had to choose one summer staple I couldn’t live without it would definitely be my favorite pair of distressed denim shorts. I pair them with everything and pretty much wear them everywhere! They’re easy to wash, pack and style so they’re a total no-brainer. This version is such a steal for only $52 and I’m loving the light wash which is perfect for summer. Available at Topshop with 4% cash back.
- White Button Down: A classic white button down is a year-round staple, but I especially love wearing mine during the summer months. It goes so well with jeans or denim shorts and even works nicely as a cover-up at the beach or pool. This version by J. Crew is currently on sale (where you will receive 9% cash back).
- Reversible Swim Suit: Every woman needs a chic and simple black maillot, but what’s great about this piece is it’s two suits in one. I love the bright blue shade for summer and the added bonus is the 50+ UPF protection. This version is currently on sale and is available at Shoebuy with 9% cash back.
- Jelly Sandals: Jelly sandals are a must because you can wear them to the beach/pool or for running errands. I learned the hard way not to wear leather sandals to the beach because they will get ruined so fast! This pair by Tory Burch are stylish and functional and look polished enough to throw on with your favorite sundress! Available at Tory Burch with 4% cash back.
Now is definitely the time to stock up on those summer essentials that are missing from your closet! There are so many deals and steals out there and as a Splender member, you will receive additional savings! Be sure to take an inventory of your closet beforehand and try to purchase items that are versatile, timeless, comfortable and most importantly, make you feel your best!
Kate Dunphy is the author of Taffeta & Tulips, a lifestyle and fashion blog created to inspire and elevate the every day through timeless and approachable fashion choices, healthy and easy recipes, and creative and simple ways to improve your living space.